Elizabeth I: Famous Redhead
- Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus, was supposedly red-haired.
- Queen Elizabeth I, only washed her hair about three times a year. She did so in lye, which was a mixture of wood ash and water. Her hair fell out and she wore a red wig.
- Red hair was thought to be unlucky until Elizabeth I made it popular. Prior to this Red hair was considered unlucky.
- Redheads were turned out of Cornish dairies, because it was believed they would turn the butter sour.
- Cleopatra Queen of the Nile.
- Boadicea warrior queen led a revolt against the romans when they occupied Britain.
- Salome daughter of King Herrod danced to ontain the head of John teh Baptist.
- Napoleon Bonaparte French emperor.
- Emperor Nero
- Rob Roy outlaw to England Hero to Scotland.
- Florence Nightingale nurse.
| Blondes.Net | Redheads.Net | Brunettes.Net |
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.